Thursday, June 14, 2012

Here are some more pictures of my landing in Moscow. I obviously was not blessed with sunshine outside of Washington...



Going through security was easier than expected and just required a showing of my passport and visa. The airport is pretty gorgeous on the inside. Apparently this terminal was only completed in the past 6 or 7 years so everything is brand new and very clean. More pictures will be coming soon but right now I'd rather not be the only one in a foreign country snapping pictures of mundane objects... 



Quick note of cultural differences: All of the Russians aboard my flight burst into applause as soon as the plane landed safely on the tarmac. This was certainly the most frightening part of my entire trip as I began to wonder how rare it actually is for a plane to land safely... Additionally, it is almost dead quiet inside of Sheremetyevo International which is a stark contrast from any public building in the United States. We might do some touring of the city later today but I can't be sure how far I'm going to make it on the 4 hours of sleep I managed on the flight in.

1 comment:

  1. You made it! Yeah!
    Love that you are doing this blog! Looking forward to reading about your experiences and seeing lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete