Thursday, June 14, 2012



So here it is! The incredible documentation of my month-long adventure to the Russian Federation (Российская Федерация)! Right now I'm sitting at Dulles International Airport in Washington D.C. waiting for my connection flight to JFK in New York. Afterwards, I will have a 2.5 hour layover and then a 9 hour flight to Sheremetyevo International in Moscow. Since Moscow (+3 GMT) is 8 hours ahead of the East Coast (-5 GMT), I should arrive 17 hours later in local time. Definitely does not have anything to do with Einstein's theory of relativity but it is relatively confusing. I've been told the best way to avoid jet-lag is to stay awake until its dark in Moscow. This should help to sync up my internal clock but with a 10:00 AM arrival time, I'm going to have to get some sleep on the flight.



My view from the comfortable seats at Dulles. Dulles is very nice airport, considerably nicer than JFK...



The tarmac at Dulles.



Takeoff!

Unfortunately, my battery ran out in my camera mid-flight to JFK so there aren't any photos of New York. That, however, is probably a good thing because the weather was terrible and the inside of the airport was dirty and without merit. Left at 4:10 PM EST and arrived in Moscow at 10:00 AM (2:00 AM EST).

More adventures to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nathan,

    Thanks for posting this blog. I look forward to hearing of your adventures. The Futtermans are all very proud of you and wish you safe travels in your journey.

    ReplyDelete